Sandia Crest

Aug 20, 2011 Leave a Comment

As usual, I'm way behind on my posting.  So we're going to go back in time, to two weekends ago, when Matt and I went to the Sandia Crest.  I had never been there before, can you believe it?  I've been up on the tram twice but I never took the Crest trail.  So that is what we did.  This time, we drove up.  This involves going around through Tijeras (which means scissors, if you're curious : )  and up the East side of the mountain.  It's a really pretty drive going up, and when you get to the top, the view is incredible.

Later, we went to the East side of the mountain and took in the forest views, including one of my favorite trees, corkbark fir, which actually does have squishy corky bark.




We spent the evening looking at the sunset, and getting a preview of where we would be spending the next weekend.






Can you guess where we went?  I'll give you a hint.  It's that mountain waaay off in the distance.  I'll tell you more about that later.


0 comments »

Leave your response!