Garden Part 2: Composting

Jul 21, 2012 Leave a Comment

I was trying to remember where I left off about my garden and realized that I wrote one post on it.  Lame.  We have vegetables and stuff now so this is kind of behind but I want to do it in chronological order.  It just makes more sense that way.  Except for the part where I pretty much forgot everything that happened in the beginning.  Luckily, there are pictures.  So, at least there's that.

Here, we have some mulch and compost.  They brought it to the house in a big truck and when I got home from work we brought it all to the backyard so that hoodlums wouldn't steal it overnight. 


 Then, we put the compost in rows.



Tilled the compost.



Watered the compost.



And that's pretty much it.  Oh yeah, and then we put on mulch.  But I don't think I have a picture of that.  So you'll just have to see what the mulch looks like in the next post when the plants are actually growing.

3 comments »

  • PJ said:  

    I miss your tales from the field! I demand more stories!! (and hope that everything is alright and there hasn't been some great tragedy in your life that is preventing you from posting. That's it's just busy life preventing you from posting)

  • Maureen said:  

    Haha, no great tragedies. Just lots of work (and some ridiculous drama that has been distracting me lately). I have tons of field stuff I could post, though. Maybe this weekend...

  • PJ said:  

    I understand drama and the distracting power it has.

  • Leave your response!