Some blank filling in

Sep 7, 2012 Leave a Comment

I'm sure everyone else is happy that it's Friday, but I am sad because it means my vacation is almost over and I have to go back to work!  Boo!  I don't feel like making an actual post, and it's been a while since I've done this, so here's some fill in the blanks.
 


 
 
1.  My favorite grade in school was    I'm not sure but I was going through some of my stuff and found a book series that I wrote in 8th grade about various idiots who died in tragic accidents.  My friend Pam was also involved.

2.  My favorite teacher was  my 7th/8th grade history teacher Mr. Longe      because,  he was old and funny and he broke the chalkboard, and he looked like Thomas Jefferson  .

3.  The highest level of education I have completed is    a Master's of Science in Geology and Soil Science.  And now I miss school and want a PhD.

4. School lunches for me were usually    made by my mom with post-it notes in each one telling me what I was supposed to do after school (e.g. walk home, go to after school program, get a ride home, etc.) because she thought I would forget or something.

5. The amount of money you'd have to pay me to go back to high school would be  a lot.  High school students are scary these days.  Exactly how long would I have to go back?  I might be able to handle a day .

6. A few things that will always remind me of going back to school are:  back to school sales at Target.  College rule notebooks and loose leaf paper and folders and all those exciting things.


7.  The first day of school was always   a day that I got up really early feeling nervous and probably sick, and then all the kids in the neighborhood would have to stand in a big group to get our picture taken before walking to school .

3 comments »

  • PJ said:  

    I don't remember that book series at all - though I can't say that I'm surprised I was involved in that.

  • Maureen said:  

    Yeah, I wasn't sure that you would. We wrote it on the bus to Washington DC, in a journal that I was keeping at the time. And then later I made an actual book out of it, and drew pictures with color and everything, so I remember it more. I was thinking about scanning and posting it, but it's about a guy falling out of a tall building, and I'm not sure people would appreciate that, with 9/11 and everything.

  • PJ said:  

    That's probably a good idea to now scan it - maybe we were psychic. And now that I think about it, and you given me some context, I kind of remember doing that.

  • Leave your response!