,

Fill in the Blank Monday?

Apr 26, 2010 Leave a Comment

I know it's not Friday but I thought I'd throw something up here since I haven't posted in a while due to recent circumstances that have not given me a lot of time to myself.  Plus, I feel like it.

1.  One song that always takes me back to my youth is any Girl Scout Camp song.  I still know most of them verbatim.  YEAH Hilltop.

2.  My first concert ever was Professor Marvel and the Fourth Quadrant at Top of the Park.  Does that count?  If not, then Jars of Clay at the Hope College chapel.  Yeah, I know, wow.

3.  If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tool, Foo Fighters, ya know... bands that would BRING IT.

4.  The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is probably Everlong by the Foo Fighters, Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap, or any sort of jazz instrumental type thing (except Kenny G...Yuck.)

5.  The best concert I've ever been to was Tool.  Hands down.

6.  A memorable music moment for me was when I was taking piano lessons during my elementary school years, we had competitions every once in a while that tested musical theory and technique.  My teachers tried to encourage me not to go, because they thought I sucked (though they didn't say that out loud) but I went anyway and totally kicked butt.  HA!

7.  The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is: Oh, I don't know.  I haven't really been listening to my iPod lately.  I've been listening to the radio mostly.  I'm kind of on a Muse kick right now, because I just found out they're coming in October, but I'm not going because SOMEONE doesn't like them.

2 comments »

  • Off-Black said:  

    1. There's so many, but I will choose 'Live it up' by Mental as Anything. Totally summer of 1985-86!

    2. Dire Straits in 1991, at a now demolished sports stadium (its a retirement village now)

    3.Pearl Jam, Shihad, Supergroove, The Go! Team, The Afghan Whigs, The Chemical Brothers, Led Zeppelin, The Who (with a resurrected Keith Moon), U2, Elvis, Bruce Springsteen, Jeff Buckley, this could take a while...

    4. Funnily enough, 'Everlong' by the Foo Fighters. And 'You Said Something' by PJ Harvey.

    5. Tied between Pearl Jam last year, U2 in 1993 on their ZooTV tour, or Shihad on the 2002 tour they used to record a live album.

    6. Discovering the discount CD racks at Real Groovy at around the same time I started earning real money.

    7. The 9 minute extended remix of 'Halcyon+on+on' by Orbital. 'The Killer' by The Twilight Singers. 'Seven Wonders' by Fleetwood Mac, 'Alive' by Shihad, 'Everybody here wants you' by Jeff Buckley. Again I could go on....

  • Maureen said:  

    I thought about adding Led Zeppelin to my dream concert list, but I thought 'oh, no I need something more modern' but who cares? they're still cool.

  • Leave your response!