,

99 Red Balloons

Apr 24, 2011 Leave a Comment

GUESS WHAT.  This is my 99th post!  Wow.  It took me over a year to write 99 posts.  Oh well.  Anyway, I was thinking, for my 100th post, it would be cool to do a Q&A type thing.  So, would you be the most awesome comment-ers ever and send me some questions?  They don't have to be about me or this blog. (although I suppose that would be the obvious choice?)  They can be about science or something else, if you want.  Nothing bad, though, or I will delete it, and I'm pretty reasonable on the idea of what "bad" is, so...  And if I don't know the answer, I will look it up.  I will totally Wikipedia that shit.  Kidding.  I have way better sources than Wikipedia. 

In other news, I was supposed to go rappelling at Battleship Rock today, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I was not able to do that.  And I am kinda bummed about it.  I also remembered I still haven't posted about Buckman Cave yet, so I will do that soon.  Maybe in the post after next.  Or if I don't get any questions, I will just brush this under the rug and pretend it never happened.  And we will go to Buckman Cave a little early. 

That's it.  The weekend's over.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

7 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    When you take samples of soil from a given area, how many do you take? Do you do cores so you can see layers? What kinds of tests get run on them? How much analysis can easily be done from the site, and what proportion of them need to be brought back for lab tests? What kinds of stuff are you looking for?

  • Mami en construcción said:  

    Questions!!
    Q #1: Have you ever been abroad? Where?
    Q #2: What are your plans for the next 5 years?
    Q #3: Why do you blog?
    Q #4: What is your favorite hobby?
    Q #5: Tell us about one of your happiest memories/moments.

  • Wildology said:  

    Let's see:

    Favorite movie?
    1 embarrassing/funny moment/memory?
    Miracle Whip or Mayo?
    :)

  • PJ said:  

    How/why did you chose geology over english/writing? (ps - it's stlawgal05.livejournal, I'm just not logged into livejournal to post as I usually do)

  • Off-Black said:  

    First question: What is an ANZAC? :)

    Just kidding, actual question: Wierdest/most unusual thing you have had to do in the field?

  • Unknown said:  

    congrats on 99 posts!!!

    My question is: When did you decide to pursue this course of study? Was it something you've been interested in from childhood? Did you love playing in the dirt as a kid? If you weren't pursuing this course of study what would be your second choice?

    Well, I guess that was more than one question ;-)

  • Rachel said:  

    1. If you could click your fingers and be anywhere, doing anything - what would you choose?

    2. What do you hope for in the next ten years?

  • Leave your response!