Something Good

Jun 25, 2011 Leave a Comment

Whenever my mom asks my grandma, who has alzheimers, what she wants to eat, she answers "Something good."  In a way, that helps me to remember there are good things even when everything seems bad.  So today, I'm posting a few pictures of our campsite to remind myself that there is something good that comes out of going to the field, even with all the other crap that goes on.

We camped at the Negrito Fire Base.  It's a pretty nice place, with flush toilets, showers, and a functioning kitchen.  Probably the fanciest place I've camped in for work so far.


 Here's where I set up camp.  I love camping in the Ponderosa Forest best.  It's so pretty.



One night, there was a really pretty sunset.  Sorry it's kinda fuzzy.  I'm not the best photographer in the world.



That same night, the full moon glowed orange, because of all the smoke in the air.  I wish this picture could do it justice.  It was really cool looking.

2 comments »

  • Mami en construcción said:  

    I've never seen an orange moon! That must have been very cool!!

  • Megan (Best of Fates) said:  

    An orange moon? That has to be some sort of good luck sign!

  • Leave your response!