2009 in Review

Jan 15, 2010 Leave a Comment

My friend Chloe from My New Life as a Housewife did this recently and I wanted to do it too! (With my own modifications, because I can't follow directions... )

Best times of 2009: Para-archaeology training in Arizona (3/09); Basic Soil Survey in Lincoln, NE (5/09); VCNP with all of the NM and AZ crews (6/09); My first field review (10/09)

Worst times of 2009:  Finding out Matt's secret; Getting hailed on and heat exhaustion in the same week; Mid-year performance evaluation (7/09).  July was a bad month.

Good news: Got a promotion (12/09); started school again (8/09)

Bad news: I gained 20lbs.; It's going to be years before Matt and I have a normal schedule and life together

Coolest thing(s) in 2009: Tool Concert (8/09); My thesis work getting published (9/09)

2009 was my first full year in the "real world."  My first full year living completely on my own.  My first full year with a boyfriend.  Looking back on everything, it wasn't perfect, but it was good.

6 comments »

  • Chloe said:  

    Woohooo! Yay! I'm glad you wrote your own review!! :) I really like it!
    I'm happy for all the good things 2009 brought to your life, but I'm sorry for all the bad times you've been through. Hope 2010 is better!
    xoxo
    Chloe
    http://mynewlifeasahousewife.blogspot.com

  • Ashley @ Germato.com said:  

    I've seen Tool as well. It was fantastic!

  • Ann Marie said:  

    I liked your review!

    It's good to always make note of the good things.. and not just the bad. Why do we do that often? I'm not sure.. but we do.

    You are a winner of my book givaway!
    E-mail me with your address annban10@gmail.com!
    Have a good weekend!

  • jessicabold said:  

    Wow. 2009 was an eclectic year! Here's to 2010 and whatever it may bring :)

  • said:  

    Congrats on your thesis accomplishment!

  • tattytiara said:  

    Sounds like a year well lived to me.

  • Leave your response!