The Saga of the Rental Car: The Fix

May 4, 2010 Leave a Comment

Continued from here

So on Monday, the insurance company calls me to say that they've been over to assess the damage to my car, it should be fixed in three days, and the collision center will be in contact with me. 

Three days go by.  No contact from the shop.  I figure, oh well, it's just taking them a little longer.  When I still have not heard from anyone by Friday afternoon, I start to wonder what's up but I'm still not super worried about it.

Then, on Saturday morning, I check my email and there's a message from the insurance company with a link to all my documents.  I read through the first one, which is basically an itemized receipt for work done.  It really seems to me that they did a lot more "assessment" than necessary for nothing more than an obvious scratch n' dent, and the entire bill is a pretty ridiculous amount of money for something that seems so small and easy to fix.  But I don't care, I'm not paying for it. 

I open up the next document.  It's about the rental car.  The basic gist of it is, "Oh, and by the way, we're only paying for three days of your rental."

WHAT?

2 comments »

  • Chloe said:  

    WHAT?!
    And what are you going to do?

  • Off-Black said:  

    reminds me of the time my car got in a crash. The insurance assessor duly noted all the frame and panel damage but missed the wheel and tire damage. Not wanting to influence the assessment I waited until he had finished until pointing out the stuff he missed, to which he responded "well you didn't tell me about that!", and I'm thinking "Ummm, isn't it YOUR JOB to notice this stuff?"

  • Leave your response!