Las Cruces

Dec 13, 2010 Leave a Comment

This weekend, I went to Las Cruces for Matt's sister's graduation.  The first thing I noticed about Las Cruces was that it was WARM.  Probably about 70 degrees.  Oh, it was so nice!  I mean, even these guys can grow there.


Ahh.  It was like being back in Vegas.  Except without the Vegas part.  After the graduation ceremony, we took about a million pictures (I think all dads are alike in that respect) and then went to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant.  I thought it was pretty good.  Not the best Mexican food I've had, but not bad either.

At Sharon's apartment, I got a pretty good view of the Organ Mountains.  They're basically the same as the Sandias and Manzanos in terms of geology type and formation, except they're younger, giving them their characteristic jagged look, like organ pipes.


Sorry it's a bit fuzzy.  I was experimenting with the zoom, and my picture taking skills are crappy.  But you get the point.  And they're pink!  They stop being pink a lot faster than the Sandias during the sunset.  The sun isn't the same in Las Cruces as it is in Albuquerque.  It just feels different.  I like it.

We didn't have a ton of time to spend exploring the city, but I'd like to get back there soon and see some more of what it's like.  Hopefully this sign is not an indication, though.


Hamburgers, breakfast, Mexican food... and donuts.  The recipe for success, right there.

1 comments »

  • Chloe said:  

    hahaha the recipe for success haha
    I'm glad you had a good time! :)

  • Leave your response!