, ,

The 180

Jul 23, 2011 Leave a Comment

Last week, J and I left our dear friend Egghead behind and headed to the field without him.  It was a super good week and I enjoyed myself quite a lot.  It's so nice working with someone I actually get along with.  I do hope the feeling is mutual.  At times, I feel like the annoying little sister, or like that 12 year old girl riding around with John Milner in "American Graffiti."  But I try to keep my annoying-ness to a minimum.

We saw some different animals this week, including a couple coyotes, wild turkeys and a horny toad.  One day, we were pretending that we were on a safari and kind of got distracted/lost.  Oops.

Horny toad waaa (that's what Matt and I call a baby : )




pink soil (made from weathered rhyolite)

Cute little drainage basin and awesome background scenery

Back in the office on Friday, I talked to my boss about my work, and he didn't really have much nice to say about it.  I'm trying not to let it get to me, though.  I know the work I did, and the effort I put into it.  I just have to realize that that's the way he is and I'll most likely never hear a compliment from him.  It's hard, though.  Next week, I'll do it all over again, and hopefully the negative comments will at least diminish.

0 comments »

Leave your response!