Calming Things

Jul 11, 2011 Leave a Comment

Tomorrow, after 3 weeks of sitting in my cubicle, I will go back to the forest.  Getting there is always a process.  A long, drawn out, stressful process.  Field work is not all fun time in the woods.  There is constant planning and preparation and perseverance even when things suck and you want to go home really bad.  But if you can get through that, there are rewards.



Like the ever changing New Mexico sunset.



And watching the moon cycle through its phases of light and dark.

I like this picture.  The way it captures two points of light, the fire and the moon, linked together in the darkness. 


And, if you're lucky, the sound of a stream running by on a sunny afternoon.




So tomorrow, I may be stressed, but tonight I am feeling calm.

1 comments »

  • Mami en construcción said:  

    I love this post. :)
    And the last sentence is my favorite part.
    Good luck tomorrow!

  • Leave your response!