Pictures of a Fire

Jun 30, 2012 Leave a Comment

As of yesterday afternoon, Whitewater-Baldy is 87% contained and fire activity has decreased to a point where there will no longer be any more updates on the fire.  The post-fire assessment is also complete, at least from a soils standpoint.  I took some pictures of the fire while we were still camped to the West of it, at Pueblo Park Campground near Reserve and Glenwood.  It was cool looking.



That was a while ago.  I can no longer see nor smell the fire when I'm down in the Gila.  This is probably a good thing.  I can't believe it's already been over seven weeks since I began the field season.  That is ridiculous.  Last year at this time, well... we all know what happened last year.  This year, since 4th of July is on a Wednesday, I won't be going out to the field next week.  Yay!  I was hoping to go to Michigan, but that didn't really work out, so I'm thinking of just not going to work very much next week.  At first I thought I didn't have very much leave, but then I heard another girl say she only had 37 hours of leave.  And I thought, I have WAY more than that!  I should totally just take some time off.  So, that's what I'm going to do.  Because work is kinda stressing me out right now.  I might go camping for part of the time, but honestly, all I really want to do is go shopping and swimming and work on my scrapbooks.  Oh, and read.  I found The Brothers Karamazov on the bookshelf at work yesterday and got super excited.  Russian literature is pretty much always awesome.  I also have a strong desire to go to the library and look up books on ancient Chinese art and culture, because I think that would be fun.  But alas, much of today was spent running errands.  There is not enough time to do all the things I want to do.  I need a month long vacation, like right now.  Or just a bunch of mini vacations over the next several months.  I might actually be able to swing that one.  We'll see...

0 comments »

Leave your response!