My Sister and I decided my Deadly Sin would be Wrath

Mar 22, 2011 Leave a Comment

It's my favorite time of month!  I always look forward to it with such anticipation.  (Actually, I kind of do.  You know... just to be sure.)  I always know when it's coming because my left knee hurts and I feel uncomfortable in my own skin for a couple days before hand. 

All I wanted today was to get through my speech without feeling like I was going to die a slow, horrible death by cramps.  Oh, did I not tell you?  I joined Toastmasters at work.  It's actually kind of nice.  I get to not work for an hour every week, and get paid for it.  And I made my first speech today.  It went really well, and no, I did not have cramps.  Yet.  Those came later.  So I'm pretty happy about it.  Oddly enough, I'm a pretty decent public speaker, despite everything else.  Perhaps the public speaking part of the brain is different from the small talk/trying to make conversation part?

I started feeling grumpy this afternoon.  On the way home from work, there's a left turn that absolutely needs the green arrow.  I don't even know why they have just the plain green light because a steady stream of cars comes from the other direction at all hours of the day.  So the light turned green and I totally couldn't go but some jackhammer decided to start honking his horn at me anyway.  But it's either that or try to get through the street that goes from 3 lanes to one in about 50 yards, where absolutely no one will let you in.  Oh, and there's usually some bum with a sign asking for money there, too.

I'm at Matt's house now.  I was starting to get pissed because he didn't answer the door soon enough.  Ha, it's that bad.  I feel ok physically right now.  Not awesome, but not as bad I have been in the past.  I feel as though I am oversharing quite a bit today.  But it seems like a lot of people are.  Maybe it's something in the air.

One thing I know is I'm craving cheese.  Like, I really want some, bad.  I also want a milkshake.

5 comments »

  • Camille said:  

    Uh oh, was mine an overshare? I didn't even know. Awkward.

    Sorry for your grouchiness. I can relate.

  • Ann Marie said:  

    Even though I am actually an OK public speaker as well.. I still feel like I am going to have the runs everytime I am about too start. Once I get going.. I'm good.. but the nerves are always there to begin with.

    Hope you got your milkshake or some cheese. :)

  • Mami en construcción said:  

    I want a milkshake too!!
    Can you believe I used to be a pretty good public speaker, but I hated because I have stage fright? Ironic.

  • Off-Black said:  

    I'm not sure why, but your use of the word 'jackhammer' in this post totally cracks me up. I may have to steal the context.

  • Maureen said:  

    Haha. I think I heard someone say it on the radio once.

  • Leave your response!