day four: a picture of you as a kid + 7 facts about your childhood.

Nov 11, 2010 Leave a Comment

1) I wanted a puppy for a really long time, like, as long as I can remember.  Ok, maybe since I was eight.  Or was it six?  I don't know.  I never got one, though.


2) My hair looked like this (see ridiculous 'fro above)


3) We still have that dress I was wearing.  My sister found it in her closet and tried it on.  It fit, albeit very tightly.  She showed my mom, who got very upset and said, "It's not a dress, it's a costume!"


4) For about 10 years (maybe more?) my mom organized a block party for our neighborhood.  We kicked it off with a "bike parade."  Here we are getting ready, decorating our bikes and such.  That's me on the trike.


5) I got my hair cut really short one time and I hated it.  After it got cut, I cried.  And people at school called me Corey Matthews (from Boy Meets World).  One day, I got really mad about it in gym class and I pulled on a string that was hanging from the bleachers a little too hard, and the railing broke.  No one noticed, though.  So I just left.  Ha ha!


6) I really liked playing in the sandbox.  My favorite thing to do was dig really deep past the sand into the soil, which was really clayey and collect it to make art projects.  At one point, I had all the kids in the neighborhood helping me to get more clay.  Most likely all the ones pictured here.  And maybe a few more. 


7) Oh, look.  There's me in the dress again.  We still have that couch, although it has been reupholstered and is now blue.  Its back consists of a flimsy wooden board that is constantly falling off.

4 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    You still have the dress, too. Don't lie. You wore it yesterday.

  • Maureen said:  

    Oh yeah, I totally did. With the shirt underneath as well. Everyone at work complimented me on my amazing sense of style.

  • Rachel said:  

    Ha, what great photos! I wish I had more of my childhood photos but they're all tucked away at my parents' house!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I remember the Corey Matthews haircut! I also remember milk coming out of your nose. And sleep-overs at your house!

  • Leave your response!