, ,

day one: recent picture of you + the meaning behind your blog name

Nov 8, 2010 Leave a Comment

Ok, I'm gonna try this out.  I was trying to find a recent picture of me, but they all look crappy.  I don't want ugly pictures of myself on my blog.  That will just not do.  However, as it turns out, I'm just not that photogenic.  So you're just going to have to deal with an ok, not so recent, picture of me.


That's me in the VCNP, or Valles Caldera National Preserve.  I chose it because I think it goes along with the essence of the title of this blog.  I decided to call it Adventures in the Underground because of a couple reasons.  The first and most obvious one is because I'm a soil scientist so a lot of the stuff I deal with on a daily basis is underground.  And to get to all the different kinds of soil, I go on lots of adventures, of course.  The other reason is loosely based on my Russian ancestry, and the fact that I like Dostoevsky, although I have yet to read 'Notes from the Underground.'  Perhaps someday...

3 comments »

  • Ann Marie said:  

    Ya.. I'm not photogenic either. I kinda hate my picture taken.. but I do it begrudgingly because I do want my kids to have photos with their Momma.

    I like that picture of you. You should put it on your sidebar somewhere.. it speaks volumes of your nature love. :)

    And I think it's cool that you have some Russian in ya. My whole family kinda is in love with the country and the people..

    It was good to hear from you today!
    Thanks for stopping by!

  • Rachel said:  

    Yay, I'm glad you're doing this too!

  • Chloe said:  

    YAY! Love you and Rachel decided to do this 30 days blogging challenge!! So fun!!

  • Leave your response!