,

day thirteen: someone you would want to switch lives with for one day + why

Nov 29, 2010 Leave a Comment

A while back, I watched a really cool documentary about caves.  The story followed the travels of two women, a biologist and a professional caver, to three different caves around the world.  It was incredible.  From belaying in the Grand Canyon to spelunking in South America.  I have always loved caves, well, ever since my 8th grade class trip to Washington DC and our little side trip to the Luray Caverns in Virginia.  Or maybe it was the iron ore mine on our family vacation to the U.P. back in elementary school.  In any case, I like them a lot, and I envied these two women who are able to spend their careers exploring their depths.  So when I saw that the community college I (sometimes) attend was offering an Introduction to Caving course, I signed up for it.  I have until tomorrow to make a final decision and pay for my classes (I'm also taking Database Design and SQL).  Should I do it?  Should I do it?

But really, I'd switch lives with anyone who gets to do cool stuff for a living.  Like Mike Rowe.


He gets to meet new people and try out a different job every day.  Admittedly, some of them aren't so pleasant, but I'd just pick a day he was doing a fun job (like ping pong fireball shooting!) to switch with him.  Plus, he's cool.  Ok, maybe I just want to meet him.  He should do my job for a day!



Or I'd totally switch with any research scientist who has ever been featured on NOVA.  Not that I necessarily want to be on NOVA.  I just want to try doing their jobs.


So, basically, I'd trade my science nerd job for another, different science nerd job.

3 comments »

  • Carma Sez said:  

    I think that makes for a great nerdy switch.

    You know that I'd switch places with Harry Smith so that I could work alongside Dave Price during his final days on The Early Show ;-)

  • Wildology said:  

    Me too!! I want to be Bones!

  • Maureen said:  

    Oh, yeah! Her job is super cool. Minus the FBI/shooting people/etc. part.

  • Leave your response!