day twelve: a photo of something you ate today.

Nov 26, 2010 Leave a Comment

You may have noticed that I skipped a couple of days.  (You may also have noticed that I don't post every day, either) But I have my reasons for skipping these particular days (10& 11) from the 30-day blogging list.  But never fear!  I will come back to them.  If I don't forget.  I probably won't but it may take a while to get back to it. 

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to write about this particular prompt today is because we have just encountered a holiday that revolves mostly around eating food.  I could talk about what I ate today, which was: ghoulash that tastes better than my mom's (sorry Mom, but it does), Texas toast, a slice of leftover pizza with pepperoni and pineapple, a piece of amazing chocolate cake (made by me!) with rainbow chip frosting, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  But what I really want to talk about is the most unique Thanksgiving dinner I ever had.

So we ended up going to a Chinese restaurant.  A buffet, actually.  It was one we hadn't been to before, and I was just a tiny bit nervous about it, but it was actually really good.  We walked in and there were about five rows of buffet trays, including stuff for the teppan grill. 

I decided that I was going to be a bit adventurous and try some things I had never had before.  Besides the usual chicken and noodle dishes, I tried bok choy


 (which I didn't really like)

and tuna sushi rolls

(which I actually did like).


But there was one thing I could not bring myself to eat, and it was this:

Yes, those are chicken feet.  They had them in two different varieties.  Plain, like in the picture above, and in some sort of sauce to make it taste better and help you forget that you are, in fact, eating chicken feet.  The waitress insisted that they were good, but umm... yeah, they're chicken feet.

For dessert I had something that was essentially tiramisu (but they called it something else), a scoop of chocolate pudding and chocolate and strawberry ice cream (my plan to eat healthier is going well so far, as you can see).  And of course, fortune cookies.  My fortune was just a statement.  It said something like, "You enjoy having a good time."  The best was Matt's.  It said, "For better luck, you have to wait until Spring."  Ha ha! 

The whole thing was definitely an experience.  If anything, I can now say that I had Chinese for Thanksgiving dinner.

3 comments »

  • Chloe said:  

    Well, that's original! Chinese food for Thanksgiving!
    I wouldn't have eaten those chicken feet either, if I were you... Yuck.
    Love the new look of your blog! :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    A guy that lived in Jonathan's house for a summer used to cook chicken feet, in coke, regularly. It was gross.

  • Maureen said:  

    ewww that is really disgusting

  • Leave your response!